What can I put on my bed over my wall?
Discover 27 wall decor ideas that are sure to add style to your home.
- Go for large-scale art. Max Burkhalter.
- Curate a gallery wall. Simon Watson.
- Incorporate an accent wall.
- Showcase a fabric.
- Hang up mirrors.
- Paint a mural.
- Install shelving.
- Hang plates.
How can I decorate the top of my bed?
10 Ideas For Decorating Over The Bed:
- Make a gallery wall.
- Add a great piece of artwork.
- Add wainscoting or shiplap to the walls.
- Paint the wall a different color or use wallpaper different than the other walls in the room.
- Add a sunburst mirror.
- Hang fabric panels.
- Add shelving.
How do you fill a space above a bed?
60 Ideas for Filling the Empty Space Above Your Bed
- Hang a map.
- Try three different-sized frames.
- Use wallpaper and nothing else.
- Frame a retro piece of art.
- Go for stability with shelves.
- Wallpaper a wall.
- Install a shelf.
- Art + sconces = beautiful utility.
How big should a picture be over a bed?
2) When hanging wall art over furniture, such as a bed, a fireplace or a couch, it should be between 2/3 to 3/4 of the width of the furniture.
How high should pictures be hung above a bed?
When hanging pictures above a bed, they should hang no lower than 5” to 9” from the top of the headboard to the bottom of the frame.
What do you hang over a high headboard?
Ten Things to Hang Above The Bed
- Mirrors, Large and Small. A mirror is a natural choice since large or small, they create an instant focal point above the bed.
- Black and White Photographs.
- Canopy or Cornice.
- Trays or Plates.
- Wallpaper or Stencil.
Should you put pictures above bed?
Artwork is a good idea in almost any open space, and above the bed is no exception. If you have the space, consider a large square statement piece or a long, horizontal piece to make an impact and create a focal point. For tips on hanging artwork correctly, read our full run-down here.
How do I decorate my bedroom wall?
Bedroom wall decor ideas – 11 fresh ways to transform boring and dreary walls
- Use a wraparound color for an enveloping feel.
- Use wall art to create visual interest.
- Use different tones to create an illusion of height.
- Create a decorative mural effect.
- Choose pink and white stripes for a fun and playful look.
What size art goes above a queen bed?
For a queen bed, choose art that’s between 34-45” wide. For a king bed, choose art that’s between 43-57” wide. For art above a fireplace, match the width of the art to the width of the fireplace opening.
What size picture should go over a queen size bed?
36-48 inches wide
The rule of thumb is that your finished art hanging above any piece of furniture should be 60-80% the width of said furniture. Since a queen size bed is 60 inches wide, that leaves you with something 36-48 inches wide.