What are different formats that can be played on WD Live TV?
WD TV Live
|WD TV Live
|MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264) AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4) MPG/MPEG, VOB, M2TS, WMV9 TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1) MKV (h.264 AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1)
|JPEG, GIF, TIF/TIFF, BMP, PNG
|MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby Digital, DTS
|PLS, M3U, WPL
Does WD Media Player Play MKV files?
Western digital TV live is a streaming media player that supports a wide variety of the most popular files including MKV, MP4, XVID, AVI, WMV, and MOV video formats.
Does WD TV Live still work?
WD TV Live has been discontinued. See all Western Digital Networked Media Players.
What is a good replacement for the WD TV Live?
Plug-n-Play Boxes with Remote:
- Nvidia Shield TV, (Android TV box, very pricey, overkill)
- Vero 4K+, with Amlogic S905X (one of the best, non-Android, affordable OSMC boxes)
What is WD TV Live HD media player?
The WD TV Live HD Media Player from Western Digital is a digital media player for TVs or HDTVs. It can be used to play back video, audio, and pictures over your home network or from any USB hard drive or storage device.
How do I update WD TV Live streaming media player?
Just connect your WD TV Live Plus to an Internet connection and the WD TV Live Plus will automatically check and notify you a new firmware is available for update at the Home menu. Confirm the action and your WD TV Live Plus will be automatically updated.
What is the latest firmware for WD TV Live?
Current Firmware – 1.06. If Internet connection is not available, you can download the firmware file and follow the steps below to update: Download the latest firmware update compressed file for your WD TV Live Plus HD media player. Extract the three files (.
Is VLC still the best media player?
At the moment, the open-source VLC Media Player is our top pick. This free video player has never failed us. It also is compatible with every OS, even if you’re using mobile ones such as iOS and Android.
How do I put Netflix on my WD TV?
- From the main menu of the Western Digital TV Live Hub, select Service.
- Under Featured, select Netflix.
- Under Are you a member of Netflix, select Yes.
- Enter your Netflix e-mail address and password, then select Continue.
How do I update my WD TV Live Hub?
- Download the .
- Extract the GPL source code from the .
- Extract and Install the “Launcher” firmware onto the WD TV Live Hub.
- Put the “Launcher” firmware (wdtvlivehub.
- After you have finished the upgrade for the “Launcher” firmware, you will be given two choices: “Official” and “GPL”.
Does VLC play Blu Ray?
Playing a Blu-ray disc with VLC From the VLC menu, choose Tools -> Preferences. At the bottom select All from Show settings. Click on Blu-ray and in the drop-down next to Region code change the region to match your disc (generally Region A). Select Save and try your Blu-ray disc again.