How do you fix w Some index files failed to download they have been ignored or old ones used instead?
- try selecting another server to fetch from not the (one in Ukraine) how can I do this?
- open ubuntu software centre go to : edit-> Software sources, and change download from to the main server or united states.
- It was main server – I changed to USA server but caught the same result – here you can see the end of output.
How do you fix some index files failed to download they have been ignored or old ones used instead in Kali Linux?
“W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.” Code Answer
- sudo su.
- cd /var/lib/apt/lists/
- rm -fr *
- cd /etc/apt/sources. list. d/
- rm -fr *
- cd /etc/apt.
- sudo cp sources. list sources. list. old.
- sudo cp sources. list sources. list. tmp.
How do I fix index files failed to download Ubuntu?
Methods to fix ‘Some index files failed to download’ error
- Reverting to the Original Ubuntu Mirror.
- Selecting the Nearest Mirror from Official Ubuntu Mirrors.
- Copying Sources List Contents from a Well Functioning System.
- Finding the best Ubuntu APT repository mirror.
- Updating the system.
Is apt-get clean safe?
No, apt-get clean will not harm your system. The . deb packages in /var/cache/apt/archives are used by the system to install software.
How do I reset my apt cache?
To delete the apt cache, we can call apt with the ‘clean’ parameter to remove all the files in the cache directory. The user need not manually delete those files.
How do I fix sudo apt update?
To fix broken packages on Debian-based distributions using APT:
- Open the terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard and enter: sudo apt –fix-missing update.
- Update your system’s package list from the available sources: sudo apt update.
- Now, force the installation of the broken packages using the -f flag.
How do you fix apt-get?
Another approach to solving the broken package issue via apt-get is to edit the “/etc/apt/sources/list” file and adding sites with newer versions of packages available. Then running the “apt-get update” command to update the repository list.
What is Autoremove?
The autoremove option removes packages that were automatically installed because some other package required them but, with those other packages removed, they are no longer needed. Sometimes, an upgrade will suggest that you run this command.