How do I link my mobile scanner to my iPhone?
Turn Bluetooth on and search Turn your Bluetooth on. Your iPad or iPhone will search for available devices to connect with, when it locates the barcode scanner, Socket CHS, tap it to connect the two devices. The scanner should now be set up and ready to get to work.
How do I put my socket mobile scanner into pairing mode?
- Go to Bluetooth settings and select either “Socket CHS” or “D700” to pair.
- Open the Socket Scan 10 application again.
- Check mark box #1 and select Socket Scan as the input and method.
- Check mark box #2 and turn on Bluetooth.
- Check mark box #3 and select Socket Scan as a keyboard.
What does Socket Mobile do?
Socket Mobile provides mobile and desktop barcode scanners and NFC readers/writers with native data capture, giving your app full control of the device. Native support ensures every scan is fast, accurate and error-free, providing highly productive data capture every time.
Why is my Socket Mobile not scanning?
Solution: Your batteries need to be reset. Remove the batteries from your reader, leave them out for 10 minutes, re-insert and recharge the scanner overnight.
How do I link my mobile scanner to my Mac?
Apple: Connect Apple iOS Device or Mac OS Device in Basic Mode (HID)
- Power on the scanner. Ensure the scanner is discoverable (unpaired).
- Start a Bluetooth device search. iOS: Tap Settings > General > Bluetooth. Turn on Bluetooth.
- In the device list, tap CHS [xxxxxx].
- Tap Pair. The scanner connects to the Apple device.
How do I scan a barcode with my iPad?
Scan a QR code with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Open the Camera app from the Home Screen, Control Centre or Lock Screen.
- Select the rear-facing camera. Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the viewfinder in the Camera app.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
How do I connect my socket scanner to my Mac?
Press and hold the Scan (A) and Power (B) buttons for three seconds, until you hear three beeps. Turn the scanner back on. Click the Apple icon () in the top left corner of your screen and select System Preferences. Click the Add (+) button to add a device.
How do you set up a mobile socket?
Connecting to an Android Device
- Download the Socket Mobile Companion app through the Google Play Store.
- Open the application and tap “Add New Device”
- You will be prompted to add a new reader and select your device.
- The app will provide you with a barcode that you can scan to activate pairing mode.
What is socket networking?
A socket is one endpoint of a two-way communication link between two programs running on the network. A socket is bound to a port number so that the TCP layer can identify the application that data is destined to be sent to. An endpoint is a combination of an IP address and a port number.
What is a socket connection?
A socket is a communications connection point (endpoint) that you can name and address in a network. Socket programming shows how to use socket APIs to establish communication links between remote and local processes.
How do I reset my mobile Socket scanner?
On the Bluetooth settings screen, now tap the blue circle on the line that says Socket CHS. Tap Forget this Device. Turn the scanner on (you’ll hear 2 beeps) and scan this barcode to reset the scanner: The scanner will play several tones and then will automatically turn off.
How do I connect my socket mobile scanner to my Macbook?
Android: Connect Android Device in Basic Mode (HID)
- Power on the scanner.
- Tap Home > Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Bluetooth settings.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth in the device is On.
- Scan for devices.
- In the list of found devices, select Socket CHS [xxxxxx].
- Tap Pair.