Why is my Xfinity Remote blinking red when I press Power button?
If the LED flashes red five times on any button press, this is an indication that the batteries are very low and should be replaced. If the buttons are still unresponsive, chat with us for assistance.
Why is Comcast remote blinking blue?
If the status light blinks blue twice, the pairing for the remote has been turned off.
How do I fix an unresponsive Comcast remote?
Change the batteries in your Xfinity Remote and then try pressing a button again. On the other hand, say you’ve pressed an unresponsive button and you do see the LED flashing, if you notice that it’s flashing red five times, it means that your remote batteries are running very low.
What is the all power button on Xfinity remote?
If you programmed your remote to control your TV, the All Power button will turn your TV on and off. Your TV Box must always be powered on to perform regular functions (like software updates and DVR recordings).
How do I reset my GREY Comcast remote?
How to Reset My Comcast Remote for a New Cable Box
- Manually turn on the new Comcast cable box.
- Press and release the “Cable” mode key located at the top of the remote control.
- Use the remote’s number pad to enter “9-9-1”.
- Press the remote’s “Power” button.
- Push the remote’s “Setup” button to lock in the code.
How do I resync my Xfinity XR15 remote?
Simultaneously press and hold the A button [triangle] and the D button [diamond] until the status light on the remote changes from red to green. This takes about five seconds. Press 9-8-1 on your remote to complete the factory reset. Once this is complete, you can retry pairing your XR15 remote.
How long should batteries last in Xfinity remote?
Batteries on the Xfinity remote should typically last for 4-6 weeks, considering an average user.
How do you pair a Comcast remote?
Open the Xfinity My Account app on your Apple or Android mobile device, and then:
- Tap the TV icon, pick your TV Box, and then pick Setup a remote.
- Swipe to find the remote control model you need to program, and tap Continue.
- Pick TV or Audio/Other, and follow the programming instructions.