Which controller is best for home automation?
- Samsung – SmartThings Hub (8.5/10)
- HomeSeer – HomeTroller Zee S2 Home Controller (8.5/10)
- Universal Devices – ISY994i Z Automation Controller (8/10)
- Vera Control – VeraPlus Home Controller (8/10)
- Wink Connected Home Hub 2 (8/10)
- Securifi – Almond+ (7/10)
- Securifi – Almond 3 (7/10)
Can Vera plus control WiFi devices?
VeraPlus controller uses Zigbee H.A 1.2 (Home automation), not Zigbee L.L (Light Link). If you own any Light Link devices, they will not be able to communicate with the controller. WiFi devices can be controlled either by using Alexa or Google Assistant, or via available plugins.
Does Vera work with Google home?
Vera and Google have been working on this integration for over a year and we are extremely pleased to announce that all Vera gateways now natively integrate with Google Home! What this means is Vera Smart Home Gateways now support both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant (Google Home) based Voice Control products.
Does Alexa work with Vera?
Vera brings your home together for Amazon Alexa devices so you can command your home with your voice. Ask Alexa to control your light bulbs, on/off switches, dimmer switches, smart plugs, thermostats, and Scenes configured with Vera. Also ask her the status of the supported devices and to answer questions.
What is Z-Wave controller?
A Z-Wave controller allows you to control all the devices that run on the Z-Wave Protocol within your home. Think of it as a master remote for all your devices at home, the central hub which allows you to control and communicate with everything.
How do I add WiFi to my Vera?
Go to your Vera web interface, then Apps, Install Apps and search for “Virtual HTTP Light Devices (Switch, Dimmer, RGB)”. Click Details, then Install. After you install it, create a new device (if not already created automatically) and then configure the parameters as suggested in the previous link.
How do I link my Vera and Google home?
- Go to your “Google Home” app on your phone.
- Under the “Home” tab, tap “Add”
- Next, tap on “Set up device” and then on “Have something already set up?”
- Tap on the “Vera Smarter Home Control” action.
- Enter your Vera username and password.
- You’re done.
What is Vera concierge?
Vera Concierge allows you to use Google Home or your Mobile Device (Android or Apple) via Google Assistant to interact with your Vera Controller(s) and their devices. You can use the Vera Concierge to access multiple Veras, locally or remotely connected.
How do you view scenes on Alexa app?
How to discover Scenes
- Open your Alexa App.
- Tap on the Menu button.
- Tap Smart Home in the Menu.
- Tap Scenes.
- Tap Discover.