Where can I pick up form 8962?
the IRS website
Form 8962 is available on the IRS website and is free to download.
What do I need to fill out form 8962?
What information you’ll need to fill out Form 8962
- Part I: annual and monthly contributions based on family size, household income, and adjusted gross income.
- Part II: the APTC you’ve received and your monthly premium information.
- Part III: calculations of APTC payments.
- Part IV: policy amount allocation.
How does form 8962 affect tax return?
Use the information from Form 1095-A to complete Form 8962 to reconcile your advance payments of the premium tax credit with the premium tax credit you are allowed on your tax return. Filing your return without reconciling your advance credit payments will delay your refund.
Why does the IRS keep rejecting my return?
Tax returns get rejected frequently because a name or number on the return doesn’t match information in the IRS or Social Security Administration databases. Typos and misspellings can be quick and easy to fix. You might even be able to correct the issue online and e-file again.
Can I print a 8962 form?
11) To print Form 8962, select My Account at the top of the online program and Print Center from the drop-down list. 12) On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year’s return.
Is form 8962 required for 2020 taxes?
The IRS recently announced that, for tax year 2020, taxpayers with excess APTC for 2020 are not required to file Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, to reconcile their APTC with the amount of PTC they may claim for 2020.
Is Form 8962 required for 2020 taxes?
Is Form 8962 the same as 1095 C?
When you complete Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, you will use the information on Form 1095-A to reconcile advance payments of the premium tax credit and to verify that you had health coverage for the entire year. You will use Form 1095-C to verify that your employer coverage was unaffordable for you.