What vitamins are in colors?
Table 2: Color Classifications and Health Benefits
|Colors||Phytochemicals Vitamins & Minerals|
|Blue||Lycopene, Anthocyanins, Calcium, Vitamin D, Flavonoids, Resveratrol, Vitamin C, Folates|
|Yellow||Alpha-Carotene, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, folate|
What color are foods that provide vitamin A?
Many orange and dark green vegetables and fruits contain carotenes, natural coloring substances, or pigments. The body can change these pigments into vitamin A. The deeper the green or orange color of the vegetable or the fruit, the more carotenes (and thus vitamin A) it contains.
What are the top 10 vitamin foods?
Listed below are top 10 foods that are rich in vitamins.
- Yogurt. © wikimedia. Yogurt is a good source of B12 Vitamin.
- Carrots. © Shutterstock.
- Broccoli. © Shutterstock.
- Almonds. © Shutterstock.
- Eggs. © Flickr.
- Lemons. © Shutterstock.
- Spinach. © Shutterstock.
- Chicken. © Shutterstock.
Which Coloured vegetables are a good source of vitamin A?
Many fruits and vegetables and some supplements contain beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein, or zeaxanthin.
- Leafy green vegetables (kale, spinach, broccoli), orange and yellow vegetables (carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and other winter squash, summer squash)
- Red bell pepper.
- Cantaloupe, mango.
- Beef liver.
- Fish oils.
What are colored vegetables?
- Swiss Chard. Called silverbeet in some circles, swiss chard is a flavorful “green” that comes in lots of colors.
- Radishes. If you have only seen red or white radishes, you’re in for a treat.
- Sweet Potatoes.
- Brussels Sprouts.
Which vitamin is red in colour?
Red fruits and vegetables, such as tomatoes and watermelon, are also rich in vitamin C, beta-carotene and anthocyanins. They also contain lycopene, which is thought to have a protective effect against certain cancers, particularly prostate cancer.
What is the colour of vitamin B?
Riboflavin, vitamin B12, folic acid and other B-complex vitamins contain yellow-green or yellow-orange pigments that may change urine color.
What is the colour of fruits and vegetables that have vitamin A and C?
Yellow. Yellow is another bright color that represents happiness, joy and health. Bright colored fruits and veggies contain flavonoids, lycopene, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin A. Lemons, bananas, yellow peppers, squash, pineapple, and corn are all great examples of this healthful, yellow food group!
Which food have all vitamins?
The top 15 foods highest in vitamins include fish, dark leafy greens, seeds, broccoli, pork, beef, lamb, mushrooms, nuts, eggs, sweet bell peppers, avocados, peas, winter squash, and fruits.
What food has what vitamins?
- Water soluble:
- B-1: ham, soymilk, watermelon, acorn squash.
- B-2: milk, yogurt, cheese, whole and enriched grains and cereals.
- B-3: meat, poultry, fish, fortified and whole grains, mushrooms, potatoes.
- B-5: chicken, whole grains, broccoli, avocados, mushrooms.
What are Coloured vegetables?
From plump spaghetti squash to yellow- and orange-fleshed watermelons, this brightly colored category serves up many varieties of vegetables popular in home gardens.
- Squash (both summer squash and winter squash varieties)
- Yellow pepper.
- Orange cauliflower.
- Yellow wax bean.
- Sweet potato.
What are the Colourful vegetables?