What type of referencing does UQ use?
EndNote referencing software is available for UQ students and staff to help automate your referencing.
How do I reference a book UQ?
Author(s) of book – family name, initials Year of publication, Title of book – italicised, Edition – edn, Publisher, Place of publication. Pring, R 2004, Philosophy of educational research, 2nd edn, Continuum, London. The edition statement is placed after the title of the work.
What referencing system should I use?
How to do I choose a citation style?
- APA (American Psychological Association) is used by Education, Psychology, and Sciences.
- MLA (Modern Language Association) style is used by the Humanities.
- Chicago/Turabian style is generally used by Business, History, and the Fine Arts.
How do you do APA 7 referencing?
- Author or authors.
- Year of publication of the book (in round brackets).
- Book title (in italics).
- Edition (in round brackets), if other than first edition.
- DOI (where a book has a DOI this must be included, even if you are referring to a print book).
- The first line of each citation is left adjusted.
How do you reference a book in Australia?
One author Author(s) of book – family name and initials, use & for multiple authors. (Year of publication). Title of book – italicised. Place of publication: Publisher.
What is apa7 referencing?
The American Psychological Association 7th edition (APA 7) is an author-date style, meaning in-text citations (author, year) are used to acknowledge the author(s) of ideas and quotes you have included in the body of your assignment.
Is there a Harvard in Australia?
The Harvard Club of Australia is affiliated with the Harvard Alumni Association (HAA) and has chapters in NSW, ACT, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.