What percentage of donations go to American Cancer Society research?
Fulfilling our mission Overall, in 2018, 78% of American Cancer Society resources were invested in cancer research, patient support, prevention information and education, and detection and treatment. The other 22% of resources were used to fund our management and general expenses, and fundraising expenses.
How much money does the American Cancer Society make?
We’re primarily funded from personal donations—like yours. In 2019, you helped us invest more than $145.9 million in cancer research. Since 1946, we’ve invested more than $5 billion in research grants to the best scientists across the country. Your donations also support vital patient services and programs.
Who is the CEO of American Cancer Society?
Karen E. Knudsen
Chief Executive Officer Karen E. Knudsen, MBA, PhD, is the chief executive officer of the American Cancer Society (ACS) and its advocacy affiliate, the American Cancer Society Cancer Action NetworkSM (ACS CAN). As a well-respected cancer leader, researcher, and advocate, Dr.
Is the American Cancer Society trustworthy?
Good. This charity’s score is 80.88, earning it a 3-Star rating.
How much money goes to cancer research each year?
The FY 2020 funds available to the NCI totaled $6.4 billion (includes $195 million in CURES Act funding), reflecting an increase of 9.2 percent, or $524 million from the previous fiscal year….Funding for Research Areas.
|Disease Area||Lung Cancer|
What is the mission of the American Cancer Society?
The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.