What is volume serial number?
A volume serial number is a serial number assigned to a disk volume or tape volume. In FAT and NTFS file systems, a volume serial number is a feature used to determine if a disk is present in a drive or not, and to detect if it was exchanged with another one.
What is VolumeID EXE?
This utiltity, VolumeID, allows you to change the ids of FAT and NTFS disks (floppies or hard drives). Usage: volumeid xxxx-xxxx. This is a command-line program that you must run from a command-prompt window. Note that changes on NTFS volumes won’t be visible until the next reboot.
How do I change my Windows volume ID?
Option 2: Using Hard Disk Serial Number Changer.
- Download Hard Disk Serial Number Changer.
- Right-click at HardDiskSerialNumberChanger.exe & select Run as Administrator.
- Accept the UAC warning message.
- Choose the disk that you want to change the Serial Number.
- Type the new serial number at this form XXXX-XXXX.
What is volume label on SD card?
A volume label or volume name is a unique name assigned to a storage medium by the user. For example, a user is capable of changing the label on a floppy disk and hard drive to describe its contents.
What is HDD ID?
Next to each hard drive, you’ll see the drive’s serial number. This is the number that the manufacturer has assigned to the drive. That’s a quick and easy way to read your hard drive’s serial number!
How do I find my hard drive volume serial number?
Find Your Hard Disk’s Serial Number With Command Prompt
- Open the Start menu and search for Command Prompt.
- Launch Command Prompt.
- Inside Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter: wmic diskdrive get model,serialnumber.
- Command Prompt will return the models and serial numbers of your hard disks.
What is volume label?
(1) A name assigned to a storage unit such as a hard disk, floppy disk or CD-ROM when the disk is first formatted or created. See volume. (2) An identifying stick-on label attached to the outside of a tape reel or disk cartridge. The label is handwritten or printed for human viewing.
How do I find my hard drive ID?
How can I change the unique ID of my hard drive?
Type diskpart and press Enter. Type list disk and press Enter….To change the disk ID, type uniqueid disk ID= and press Enter.
- In this example, only the last character of the disk ID is changed to make it unique.
- For an MBR disk, the disk ID is an eight-character string in hexadecimal format.
Is it possible to change HDD serial number?
To avoid software association issues, you can change the new drive’s serial number to match your old hard drive. But the serial number is created during the format. That means you have to reformat the hard drive to change its serial number.