What is the synonym of livid?
adjective. 1’he was livid at finding himself back on the bench’ furious, angry, infuriated, irate, fuming, raging, seething, incensed, enraged, angered, beside oneself, wrathful, ireful, maddened, cross, annoyed, irritated, exasperated, indignant.
Is livid a slang word?
If you’re livid, you’re furious, in a black cloud of anger. The Latin root this word comes from means “bluish-gray” or “slate-colored,” and you can also use livid to describe the color, such as a livid bruise or a livid sea.
How do you use livid?
Livid sentence example
- His face was livid , the veins standing out on his neck.
- Kris must be livid I’ve stolen her from him.
- The comatose patient has a cold and clammy skin, livid lips and ear-tips – a grave sign – and ” pin-point pupils.”
- Josh would be livid .
- In the past he would have been livid .
Is livid happy?
1. (Informal) angry, cross, furious, outraged, mad (informal), boiling, fuming, choked, infuriated, incensed, enraged, exasperated, indignant, pissed off (taboo slang), incandescent, hot under the collar (informal), fit to be tied (slang), beside yourself, as black as thunder I am absolutely livid about it.
What is the opposite of livid?
Opposite of having a pale or unhealthy skin tone. rosy. blooming. florid. flush.
Where did the term livid come from?
Livid has a colorful history. The Latin adjective lividus means “dull, grayish, or leaden blue.” From this came the French livide, which English borrowed as livid. The word can describe flesh discolored by a bruise or an appearance deficient in color.
What is the opposite meaning of livid?
What is Mutinously?
1a : disposed to or being in a state of mutiny : rebellious a mutinous crew. b : turbulent, unruly.
What does the term tongue tied mean?
With tongue-tie, an unusually short, thick or tight band of tissue (lingual frenulum) tethers the bottom of the tongue’s tip to the floor of the mouth, so it may interfere with breast-feeding. Someone who has tongue-tie might have difficulty sticking out his or her tongue.
What does lovida mean?
In Spanish Lavida means “The Darling”.