What is meant by call diversion?
Call forwarding, or call diversion, is a telephony feature of all telephone switching systems which redirects a telephone call to another destination, which may be, for example, a mobile or another mobile or another telephone number where the desired called party is available.
How does call diversion work?
Call Diversion lets you divert your calls to almost any phone, including your mobile. Call Diversion can also divert calls while your phone line is in use. To use Call Diversion, you’ll need a touch tone phone switched to tone dialling. Most modern phones have this feature.
How do I turn off call diversions?
How to Turn off Call Forwarding on Android
- Launch the Phone application.
- Tap the Menu icon on the top right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Calls.
- Tap Call Forwarding.
- If any of the options below are enabled, tap the enabled option and select Turn Off.
What causes call divert?
‘Call divert’ is another term for this feature. An unanswered, unreachable, or busy line call is mainly the cause of forwarded calls. Another reason would be the number is already abandoned, and the previous user set up a call divert from that old number to a current, active one.
How do I know if someone is diverting my calls?
*#21# – By dialling this USSD code, you would get to know if your calls have been diverted somewhere else or not. *#62# – With this, you can know if any of your calls – voice, data, fax, SMS etc, has been forwarded or diverted without your knowledge.
How do you check if your phone is diverted?
How to confirm if you’ve deactivated call forwarding on your phone
- Check if the persistent “Call forwarding” notification on your phone is no longer there.
- Ask someone to call you.
- Similarly, you can go to the Call Forwarding setting in the Phone app to confirm if all the call forwarding options are turned.