What can I do instead of a company Christmas party?
10 Alternatives to the Office Holiday Party
- Make cookies for a holiday cookie tasting.
- Schedule an ugly holiday sweater day.
- Hold an in-house catered lunch with fun and games.
- Participate in a holiday card exchange.
- Make a charitable contribution in lieu of an office party.
- Schedule an employee potluck lunch.
What can I do for employees instead of holiday party?
Here’s a list of 25 company Christmas party ideas employees will love:
- Take the Team Ice Skating or Sledding.
- Host a Coat Drive.
- Participate in a Holiday 5k Walk/Run.
- Volunteer at a Local Food Bank.
- Go Caroling.
- Screen a Holiday Movie.
- Vegetarian/Vegan Catered Meal or Potluck.
- Host a Spa Day.
How do I host a corporate Christmas party?
18 Clever Hacks For Planning A Company Holiday Party
- Decide on the Type of Company Holiday Party. Choosing what sort of holiday party you will have is vitally important.
- Make a Budget.
- Create a Guest List.
- Set a Date and Make Your Event Timeline.
- Select a Venue.
- Book Your AV Company.
- Rent Equipment.
- Choose a Caterer.
How do you plan a corporate holiday party?
The Company Holiday Party Checklist
- Set a Date. Send a survey to employees with date options. Choose the date with the majority vote. Send a “save the date”
- Budget It. Determine the maximum budget. Rank party elements by priority (entertainment, food, etc.)
- Type of Party. After-hours party. At-work celebration.
How do you celebrate Christmas at work?
29 Ways to Celebrate the Holidays at the Office
- Have employees decorate their office door and have a contest among everyone.
- Host an office potluck.
- Holiday office bingo.
- Get an Elf on the Shelf and have the elf leave small gifts for different employees each day.
- Decorate your cubicle and have a cube contest.
What do you do for a staff party?
Corporate office party games for work are inclusive, entertaining, and designed to bond coworkers and employees for a more cohesive workplace.
- Charity Office Party.
- Virtual Office Party.
- Scavenger Hunt.
- Unique Office Party Games.
- Holiday Office Party In A Box.
- Bonding Together Over Food.
- Escape Room.
How much do companies spend on holiday parties?
So, how much should you budget for a holiday party? The current average cost per head is about $75, which means if you have 100 employees it will set you back around $7,500.
How do you throw a good work party?
Five tips for throwing an awesome office party
- Keep timing in mind. According to Los Angeles-based event planner Marley Majcher, better known as The Party Goddess, the timing of your party is crucial.
- Figure out a theme.
- Follow the trends.
- Encourage socializing.
- Make it fun.
How do I plan a small office party?
How to plan an office party
- Set a budget.
- Select your party committee.
- Decide who will participate.
- Pick a theme.
- Choose a date and location.
- Determine the menu.
- Consider offering prizes.
- Promote your event.
What do you do at a work Christmas party?
List of office Christmas party ideas
- Holiday Bingo. Holiday Bingo is a game that encourages party guests to mingle.
- Tree Decorating Competition.
- Fully Hosted Virtual Holiday Party.
- Gingerbread House Build-off.
- Secret Hall Deckers.
- Christmas Candy Bar or Cookie Bar.
- Pet Party.
- Merry Murder Mystery.
How much does a corporate Christmas party cost?
While businesses vary wildly in degrees of success (or struggle) and in terms of size, a solid rule of thumb is planning to spend $75 per person for the holiday party. So if you have 10 employees, consider shelling out $750.
Why do companies have Christmas parties?
Loyalty: Parties emphasize team spirit and help to retain your company employees presenting an environment they want to work in. Give everybody a break: Away from the office and a change of scenery will allow everyone to relax and enjoy themselves without the pressure, potential stress and deadlines from work.