What are some safety tips for parents?
Keep all toys, blankets, and pillows out of the crib at night and during naps. It is safe to share your room with your baby. Babies should be placed to sleep on their backs in their crib. Parents should not bring their children to sleep with them on the couch or in their bed.
What should parents know about online safety?
Never post or trade personal pictures. Never reveal personal information, such as address, phone number, or school name or location. Use only a screen name and don’t share passwords (other than with parents). Never agree to get together in person with anyone met online without parent approval and/or supervision.
What are 3 online safety tips?
Top 10 Internet Safety Rules & What Not to Do Online
- Keep Personal Information Professional and Limited.
- Keep Your Privacy Settings On.
- Practice Safe Browsing.
- Make Sure Your Internet Connection is Secure.
- Be Careful What You Download.
- Choose Strong Passwords.
- Make Online Purchases From Secure Sites.
- Be Careful What You Post.
How can parents keep their child safe online?
Show your child how to report abuse and how to block people on the websites they use. Check age ratings of games, online movies and websites. Check the privacy settings on social media and websites. Adjust parental controls to suit your child’s age and maturity.
What are safety tips for children?
Top 10 General Safety Rules for Kids
- Rule #1 – Teach them to Know Your Name, Number and Address:
- Rule #2 Do Not Talk to or Go Anywhere with Strangers:
- Rule #3 Do Not Eat Anything Given By A Stranger:
- Rule #4 Do Not Walk Out of the Compound Alone:
- Rule #5 Do Not Play With Fire:
How can I make my home safe for kids?
Guidelines for Keeping Your Child Safe at Home
- Use gates to limit access to stairs, preventing falls.
- Secure all heavy and tall furniture to the wall.
- Do not place climbable furniture close to windows.
- Window blinds with dangling cords need to be shortened and those with looped cords must be cut.