How do you change a quote to a smart quote?
Smart quotes in Word
- On the File tab, click Options.
- Click Proofing, and then click AutoCorrect Options.
- In the AutoCorrect dialog box, do the following: Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab, and under Replace as you type, select or clear the “Straight quotes” with “smart quotes” check box.
- Click OK.
How do you change curly quotes to smart quotes?
To change straight quotes to curly quotes in Word on a PC:
- Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab, and under Replace as you type, select the “Straight quotes” with “smart quotes” checkbox.
- Click the AutoFormat tab, and under Replace, select the “Straight quotes” with “smart quotes” checkbox.
How do you do smart quotes in HTML?
Add Smart Quotes to Web Pages
- For the curly single opening and closing quote mark (or apostrophe), use ‘ and ’ respectively.
- For the curly opening and closing double quotation marks, use “ and ” respectively.
How do you change the style of a quote?
How to Change the Existing Quotation Mark Style
- Press the Ctrl+H shortcut key to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
- Enter ” in both the Find what and Replace with boxes.
- Select Replace All to convert all quotation marks in the document to your preferred style.
How do you fix quotation marks on a keyboard?
The only way to overcome this is to press the ” key (which does not type the first quotation mark), then press the space bar (which causes the first quotation mark to then appear), then type the word, then press the ” key, then press the space bar (to make the second quotation mark appear), then press the space bar …
Should I use straight quotes or smart quotes?
“Smart quotes” are the ideal form of quotation marks and apostrophes, and are commonly curly or sloped. “Dumb quotes,” or straight quotes, are a vestigial constraint from typewriters when using one key for two different marks helped save space on a keyboard.
How do you type a smart apostrophe?
On a virtual keyboard, press and hold down the apostrophe key to get to the real apostrophe. This works with quotation marks too. On a PC, try Alt+0146 using the numeric keypad; on a Mac, press Option-Shift-]. In Word (the PC version), type the number 2019 (the Unicode number for an apostrophe) and then press Alt+X.
What font has curly quotes?
Times New Roman
In a serif typeface such as Times New Roman, curly quotation marks (also known as “curved” or “smart” quotation marks) look like small figures six and nine with the enclosed portions filled in.