How do I open OSM in MapInfo?
Users can add an OpenstreetMap (OSM) tile server map in a workspace by opening the table OSMRoads. tab provided with MapInfo Pro via Home > Open > Open table. This table file is located in the MapInfo Pro installation folder, the default location is C:\Program Files\MapInfo\TileServer. OSM is Open Source.
How do I open a MapInfo file?
Viewing MapInfo Tables (TAB)
- In the main MapInfo Professional window and select File then Open from the menu. This will bring up the MapInfo Professional file open dialog:
- Ensure ‘Files of type’ is set to ‘MapInfo (*.
- The data will be displayed in a new mapper window using the specified styling:
What is MapInfo?
A complete, desktop mapping solution for the geographic information system (GIS) analyst to visualize, analyze, edit, interpret, and output data — revealing relationships, patterns, and trends. 30 day free trial.
How do I open a shapefile in MapInfo?
Open Mapinfo Professional and click HOME > OPEN > TABLE. Select the folder with the extracted ZIP contents and select the file type ESRI (R) SHAPEFILE (. shp). After selecting these options, press OPEN.
How do I plot a csv file in MapInfo?
- Go to File -> Open.
- Change the format of the file from (tab) to (csv)
- Select the CSV file that you want.
- To plot the X,Y as point, go to Table -> Create Points.
- Select the field that represents X coordinate and the field the represents Y coordinate, and then select the target projection, then click OK.
How do I convert Excel to MapInfo tab?
How to Import an Excel Chart Into MapInfo
- Save your Excel file to your computer.
- Open MapInfo, select the File menu and then select “Open.”
- Locate the Excel file you want to import from the files and folders on your computer, select “Microsoft Excel (.