How do I Install Active Directory on Windows Server 2003?
Create the Active Directory
- Insert the Windows Server 2003 CD-ROM into your computer’s CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- Click Start, click Run, and then type dcpromo.
- Click OK to start the Active Directory Installation Wizard, and then click Next.
- Click Domain controller for a new domain, and then click Next.
How do I setup Active Directory?
To Configure Windows Active Directory and Domain Controller
- From the Start menu, go to Programs > Administration Tools.
- Choose “Active Directory Users and Computers.”
- Enter a user name and password for the new user, and create the user.
How do I setup a Windows Active Directory server?
Right-click on the Start button and go to Settings > Apps > Manage optional features > Add feature. Now select RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools. Finally, select Install then go to Start > Windows Administrative Tools to access Active Directory once the installation is complete.
How do I Install Active Directory users and computers?
From the Start menu, select Settings > Apps. Click the hyperlink on the right side labeled Manage Optional Features and then click the button to Add feature. Select RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools. Click Install.
How do I setup a domain controller?
How to setup a domain controller?
- Log into your Active Directory Server with administrative credentials.
- Open Server Manager → Roles Summary → Add roles and features.
- The “Before you begin” screen, which pops up next, is purely for an informational purpose.
- Select the installation type.
How do I open Active Directory in CMD?
To start the Active Directory console – press the ⊞ Win + R shortcut to open the “Run” dialog, type in dsa. msc and click “OK”.