How do I enable FTP in IIS?
Enabling FTP in Windows if IIS is not installed
- Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Server Manager in Windows Server Manager.
- Go to Roles node.
- In the Add Roles window, open Server Roles and check Web Server (IIS).
- Proceed through the setup wizard and click Install.
Does IIS support FTP?
Compatibility. The FTP 7.5 service ships as a feature for IIS 7.5 in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
How do I add FTP user to IIS?
Add the user to the FTP site.
- If you are using IIS 5.0, under FTP Site Operators, click Add. Select the FTP user from the Menu and click OK.
- If you are using IIS 6.0, right-click the FTP site and select Permissions. Select the FTP user and click OK.
How do I enable FTP over TLS in IIS?
Open the Internet Information Services (IIS 7.0) Manager. Click your computer at the top node of the Connections tree, then double-click the Server Certificates feature. Click Create Self-Signed Certificate in the Actions pane. Enter “My FTP Certificate” as the name for the new certificate, then click OK.
How do I setup an FTP server on Windows 8?
On Windows Desktop (Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista)
- Expand Internet Information Services > FTP Server and check FTP Service.
- Expand Internet Information Services > Web Management Tools and check IIS Management Console, if it is not checked yet.
- Confirm with OK button.
How do I setup an FTP user?
How to create FTP Users
- Click on Hosting at the top of the page.
- Click on FTP Management.
- You can see any existing FTP user accounts and also add a new FTP user.
- Enter your new user information.
- When finished, click Create User.
How do I connect to FTP over TLS?
How to Connect FTP over SSL/TLS in FileZilla?
- Open your FileZilla client.
- Navigate to Files >> Site Manager.
- Click on the option ‘New site’.
- Fill up the required details. HOST: Enter Hostname (i.e. ftp.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ button for a temporary connection.
How do I use FTP over SSL?
In the Connections pane, expand the server name, expand the Sites node, and then click the name of the site. In the site’s Home pane, double-click the FTP SSL Settings feature. From the SSL Certificate list, select the certificate that you want to use for connections to the FTP server.