How do I access articles on ebsco?
- OPEN THE EBSCO DATABASE. Open your browser and go to the EBSCO welcome page.
- SELECT YOUR SEARCH OPTION. Click on EBSCOhost Web.
- SELECT A DATABASE. • A description of each database can be accessed by clicking on the more information tab.
- BOOLEAN OPERATORS.
- REVIEWING RESULTS.
- CITED REFERENCES.
- SAVING ARTICLES.
How do I find journals on ebsco?
Search EBSCO for Specific Journals
- Go to any EBSCOhost database.
- Click on the Publications button on the sub-toolbar of your search screen.
- Type in the publication name.
- Click the Browse button.
- This will bring the desired publication or publications to the top of the Result List if available in the database.
How do I open full articles on EBSCOhost?
- On the search results page, you will see the full-text link right below each search result.
- On the article information page, you will see the full-text link at the top left corner of the page.
- When the article is available in the database, you will see a little icon for it.
How do I search for topics on ebsco?
Finding Subject Terms in EBSCO
- Click on Thesaurus at the top of the page. Then, in the box below the blue bar, type your topic.
- After checking the boxes, click the Add button.
- When your search box contains all desired aspects of your topic, click Search.
How do I download an article from EBSCOhost?
Click the Share link at the top of your Result List. Click the Add search to folder link….To save an article:
- From the article, click Save. The Save panel is displayed.
- To save the results, click Save.
- From your browser menu, click File>Save As.
- Click Save.
How do I use EBSCOhost advanced search?
- Click the Advanced Search link below the Find field.
- Enter your search terms in the first Find field on the Advanced Search screen.
- Choose a citation search field from the Select a Field drop-down list (for example, search in only the Title field of the citation).
How DOI find an article in a database?
Top Ten Search Tips
- Use AND to combine keywords and phrases when searching the electronic databases for journal articles.
- Use truncation (an asterisk) and wildcards (usually a question mark or exclamation point).
- Find out if the database you’re using has a “subject search” option.
- Use your imagination.
How DOI find academic articles?
Finding Scholarly Articles
- Look for publications from a professional organization.
- Use databases such as JSTOR that contain only scholarly sources.
- Use databases such as Academic Search Complete or other EBSCO databases that allow you to choose “peer-reviewed journals”.
How do I save an article from a database?
Open the file and then hover over it with your mouse. Click on the SAVE icon on the toolbar that appears. Select the location on your computer where you’d like to save the article and click the SAVE button. Open the file and then click on the SAVE icon located within the library database.
How do you save an article from a database as a PDF?
To convert a report (or form) to PDF using the File tab:
- In the Navigation Pane, click the report (or form) you wish to export to PDF.
- Click the File tab in the Ribbon.
- Select Save and Publish.
- Under File Types, choose Save Object As.
- Under Database File Types, choose PDF or XPS.
- Click the Save As button.