How can I permanently delete my WeChat account on Android?
About This Article
- Open the WeChat app.
- Tap the Me icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account Security.
- Tap Delete Account.
- Scroll down and tap Delete Account.
- Scroll down, check the box, and tap Next.
- Enter your password and the captcha code, then tap Next.
How do I permanently delete my WeChat account?
After logging in to WeChat, you can request account deletion in Me > Settings > Account Security > WeChat Security Center > Account Cancellation.
How do I temporarily deactivate WeChat?
You may freeze your WeChat account to prevent access by other people soon as your phone lost. Tap More Options at the bottom of the login page > WeChat Security Center > Freeze Account > Freeze, and follow the instructions.
Why can’t I delete my WeChat account?
For account security, account deletion can only be performed 24 hours after your password has been set or modified. For account security, if your account password has been entered three or more times in a single day, your will not be able to delete your account for the subsequent 24 hours.
How do I freeze WeChat?
To freeze your account, follow the steps below: Freeze your account by opening WeChat and tap More Options > WeChat Security Center > Freeze Account > Freeze.
What happens when you uninstall WeChat?
Once you delete your WeChat account you won’t be able to log in, all your profile information, including chat history, profile picture etc will be deleted permanently.
How can I delete my WeChat account 2021?
How To Delete Your WeChat Account
- Log in to WeChat.
- Select Me and then select Settings.
- Navigate to Account.
- Select Delete Account and then tap Next.
- Follow WeChat’s instructions and enter your password to delete your account.
Is WeChat linked to phone number?
1. You can link your mobile number with only one WeChat ID. You cannot link your phone number with a new WeChat account if you’ve forgotten your previously linked WeChat ID. In such a case, you can retrieve your password via SMS (tap here to see password retrieval methods).