How big is a Sanke keg?
Sanke kegs come in various shapes and sizes. The most common sizes are 5.16 gallon also called 1/6 barrel, 7.75 gallon also called ¼ barrel, 15.5 gallon also called ½ barrel and 13.2 gallon also called 50L or Euro sanke kegs.
How many gallons is a Sanke keg?
Holds 165 x 12 oz beers (124 x 16 oz pints). Features: Full Size 15.5 gal (1/2 bbl) US Sanke keg.
How do you turn a keg into a fermenter?
2 Tricks for Turning Your Cornelius Keg into a Fermenter:
- Remove the gas (IN) fitting on the Cornelius keg. You will need a wrench or socket to fit the fitting. Remove fitting.
- Remove the cap from your corny keg. Drill a 1/2 diameter hole in the center of the cap or take it to a friend and have it done.
What are the dimensions of a keg?
Keg Sizes & Dimensions Quick Reference Chart
|Cornelius Keg||Half Barrel Keg|
|Capacity (gal / oz / L)||5.0 gal 640 oz 18.93L||15.5 gal 1,984 oz 58.67L|
|Weight (Full)||55 lbs||160 lbs|
What size are kegs?
Keg Sizing Information 1/2 barrel = 15.5 gallons = 124 pints = 165 12oz bottles – (Full Size Keg) 1/4 barrel = 7.75 gallons = 62 pints = 83 12oz bottles (Pony Keg) 1/6 barrel (20 Ltr) = 5.2 gallons = 41 pints = 55 12oz bottles (Sixtel) 50 Liter = 13.2 gallons = 105 pints = 140 12oz bottles.
What are keg sizes?
How many pours in a quarter keg?
Quarter-Barrel – Also known as a Pony Keg or Stubby Quarter, these kegs are often used for small to medium-sized parties. They have the same footprint as a half-barrel, but are more easily maneuverable as they come in at about half the weight. They hold 82 twelve ounce pours.
How do you turn a Sanke keg into fermenter?
Like everything home brewing related, there are as many solutions to using a Sanke Keg as a fermentor as there are brewers. The low-budget method is to heat up a 6.5 gallon carboy cap and stretch it over the opening. Add a stainless steel racking cane and a blow-off hose and you’re good to go.
Can you ferment in a corny keg?
Corny kegs give the homebrewer the ability to ferment under pressure. Fermenting under pressure is valuable for some beer styles because it decreases ester production and allows you to ferment at higher temps without the off-flavors that accompany it.
How much pressure can a Sanke keg hold?
Sanke kegs are designed for 600 psi.
How do you force carbonate a keg quickly?
Yes, you read that right.
- Connect your keg to the CO2 and turn the regulator to 20 PSI.
- Place the keg on its side on the ground.
- Roll the keg back and forth in a swift but gentle motion for about 15-20 minutes or until you’ve reached your desired level of carbonation.
- Purge keg to serving pressure (10-12 PSI) and serve.