Does RIDDOR apply in Northern Ireland?

Does RIDDOR apply in Northern Ireland?

Does RIDDOR apply in Northern Ireland?

RIDDOR puts duties on employers, the self-employed and people in control of work premises (the Responsible Person) to report certain serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and specified dangerous occurrences (near misses). Incidents that happen in Northern Ireland should be reported to HSE NI.

What 5 things must be reported to RIDDOR?

accidents resulting in the death of any person. accidents resulting in specified injuries to workers. non-fatal accidents requiring hospital treatment to non-workers. dangerous occurrences.

When should a RIDDOR be reported?

The report must be made within 15 days of the accident.

What are the 3 categories reportable under RIDDOR?

Reportable injures There are seven different categories of RIDDOR, and these are: deaths, specified injuries, over seven day injuries, injuries to people not at work, some work-related diseases, dangerous occurrences and gas incidents.

Who notifies RIDDOR reportable incidents to the Hseni?

The RIDDOR form to notify HSENI of your accident/disease etc. should be completed by either your employer or yourself if you are self-employed.

How do I report an incident at work?

How Do I Report an Accident at Work?

  1. Step 1: Check there is no immediate risk of danger.
  2. Step 2: Ensure that the colleague receives the appropriate medical assistance as necessary.
  3. Step 3: Report to a manager or supervisor.
  4. Step 4: Record the incident in the company’s log.
  5. Step 5: Report the incident under RIDDOR.

What gets reported to RIDDOR?

RIDDOR is the law that requires employers, and other people in charge of work premises, to report and keep records of:

  • work-related accidents which cause deaths.
  • work-related accidents which cause certain serious injuries (reportable injuries)
  • diagnosed cases of certain industrial diseases; and.

What needs reporting under RIDDOR?

RIDDOR only requires you to report deaths and physical injuries in relation to accidents, including those involving acts of non-consensual violence.

What needs to be reported under RIDDOR?

How do I report an accident on RIDDOR?

All incidents can be reported online but a telephone service is also provided for reporting fatal/specified incidents only – call the Incident Contact Centre on 0345 300 9923 (opening hours Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5 pm).